Welcome to the Epicenter
Home to Changemakers Solving the World's Great Challenges. Opening Fall 2024.Request Information
Introducing the Impact & Prosperity Epicenter
Imagine a place dedicated to inspiring students – where you can live, learn, and collaborate with purpose. The Impact & Prosperity Epicenter, opening fall 2024, will be home to a diverse group of students and professionals driven by a shared vision and mission for the betterment of people and the planet. Considered the “soul” of campus, this living-learning space will prepare students to become thoughtful global citizens committed to enriching the lives of others.
The building itself is comprised of three parts: Six floors of residential space will house students driven by a passion to create positive change in their community. Adjacent offices will headquarter two dynamic teams, the Center for Business, Health, and Prosperity and the Sorenson Impact Center. These residential and professional communities converge in the Forum, an intersectional gathering space that unites building residents to work alongside experts from both Centers in a true living-learning environment.
Live @ the Epicenter
The Impact & Prosperity Epicenter is a place to thrive. Located in the center of campus, the Epicenter is the newest living-learning community at the University of Utah. It unites motivated students with inspiring thought leaders and impactful doers to make our campus, communities, and world more prosperous.
The Epicenter will be home to 775 residents with three housing options designed to meet the unique needs of students throughout their academic journey. Capstone communities feature private sleeping quarters with adjacent community lounges; 4- and 8-bedroom apartments provide apartment-style living in the heart of campus; classic single and double rooms provide residents with shared bathrooms, kitchens and workspaces combined in a community cluster.
Applications to Live @ the Epicenter will open in Spring 2023. Stay updated with the latest information here.
Have questions or want to join the community?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 801-646-6468.
- Groundbreaking in August 2022
- Opening August 2024
- Located in heart of campus (1755 Student Life Way, Salt Lake City, UT 84112)
- Home to 775 students
- Featuring 300,000 square feet of student-centric space
- An open Forum on the first-floor housing activities, trainings, speakers, and connections. Open to all University of Utah students. Select programs are open to the broader community
- Full service cafe open to the public and meal plans available
- Six residential floors
- Three housing options – single or double rooms, 4- and 8-bedroom apartments, and the coveted microunit communities featuring private sleeping quarters with adjacent community lounges
- Diverse and vibrant activities and events held inside (such as impact investment pitch competitions, guest speakers, solution bootcamps, trainings, community outreach, and more)
- Residents get additional access to more facilities, resources, and programs
- Building and activities inside financed with $20 million in donations from Jim and Krista Sorenson and Robert and Lynette Gay and additional donations from other individuals and companies
News & Announcements
The Iconic Curves Are Taking Shape!
As construction progresses, the iconic curve of the building’s floors are now starting to emerge...
Epicenter Construction Webcam Now Available
View our construction webcam to see our progress building the Impact & Prosperity Epicenter at...
University Breaks Ground on New Impact & Prosperity Epicenter
The groundbreaking celebration of the new Impact & Prosperity Epicenter was an event befitting this exciting...
Photo Essay: Impact & Prosperity Epicenter Groundbreaking Event
We hosted a groundbreaking celebration for the Impact & Prosperity Epicenter on Sept. 15. Guests...
Breaking Ground on the Impact & Prosperity Epicenter
Ground will be broken this week on the Impact and Prosperity Epicenter. This newest addition to...